This policy explains how and when Bateson Trailers NZ collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
We don’t use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site (including in terms linking to the site).
Collection, storage and use of personal information
No need to disclose personal information
You can use the site without disclosing any personal information.
Your disclosure of personal information
You may choose to disclose personal information to us when you give feedback or in submission forms. This information can be viewed by site administrators, certain Bateson Trailers NZ staff and sometimes third-party contractors who administer or work on the site, or who work on special projects with us.
Don’t send us sensitive personal information or include any sensitive personal information in submission forms.
Holding of information
If you provide personal information, it’s held by Bateson Trailers NZ. It may be shared with third-party contractors to the extent necessary for them to administer or work on the site, or to work on special projects with us. Email addresses are not made available to the public. Unless required by law, we won’t publicise the names or email addresses of individuals who provide feedback to us or who provide us with submission forms without their consent.
Use of personal information
We’ll only use personal information provided to us for the purpose of:
- Administering, evaluating and improving the site
- improving our services, and
- communicating with you, including responding to your feedback and information provided in submission forms.
Feedback is important and is used to evaluate and improve the site. If you provide feedback by email, that feedback is sent to appropriate Bateson Trailers NZ staff. We may pass on relevant comments to other people within Bateson Trailers NZ who administer or contribute content to the site. This could include your email address and other identifying information that you’ve provided.
Statistical information and cookies
Statistical information collected
We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and doesn’t identify you personally. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Windows XP, Mac OS X
- the type of web browser you use, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above can be viewed by site administrators.
This site generates persistent session cookies (that is, they have an expiry date and are removed on that date) for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies don’t collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.
Correcting your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and ask us to correct any of your personal information provided to us in connection with your use of this site.
Contact us if:
- you would like to see or change your personal information we have stored, or
- you have any concerns regarding your privacy.
We may require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.